Problem with Acronis

Tycho 17:51 14 Oct 06

I have just been test driving my shiny new Acronis True image V9.0 and have created my first backup of the whole of my C drive on to an external HD. When I try to access the image Acronis tells me that "the selcted file is not an Acronis True Image archive". tyhis happened when I tried to create an incremetal file to add to the main one and then again when I double clicked on it.

Ideas?

T

rawprawn 18:29 14 Oct 06

I am not sure what you have done, but I would delete it and try again. Follow the wizard.If that doesn't work post back exactly what you did (Make notes)

Tycho 18:52 14 Oct 06

while I was looing for help on the Acronis site I decided to download the upgrade. I upgraded the application and the file that was not recoginised by Acronis 9.0 was fine with Acronis 9.0 (Build 3,677) so I wonder if that was the problem.

On further matter. How can I be sure that the file will work to rebuild my hard drive should it ever need it?

rawprawn 09:22 15 Oct 06

Open Acronis and click on "Validate Backup Archive" that will check that your file is not corrupted in any way. Alternatively, if you are really worried use it to restore your computer. It is only a day since you made the archive so you wouldbn't lose much, and it would tell you if there is a problem.

Tycho 09:25 15 Oct 06

Many thanks for your suggestions, Rawprawn.

T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced