Problem accessing sites with Blueyonder broadband

adamdavid 09:47 14 Aug 03

Since I updated my internet connection to Blueyonder broadband about four months ago, there seem to be certain sites that I can't access.

Any microsoft download site (Windows update, IE update, Office update, etc) and several others, including click here.

So, several questions to ask;
1. Does anyone else have this problem?
2. Why do I/we have this problem?
3. How do I/we solve it?

My theory is that these sites are blocked by the ISP, but I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Anyone know the answers?

hugh-265156 09:55 14 Aug 03

might help click here

Sir Radfordin 09:57 14 Aug 03

I very much doubt the problem is with Blueyonder as I've never had a problem and have been with them for more than a year.

Do you have any firewall software running?

hugh-265156 09:59 14 Aug 03

to ping in xp click start then click run and type cmd and click ok.

then type ping www microsofts address .com and hit enter

adamdavid 10:03 14 Aug 03

I'm running ZoneAlarm 3.7.143 as a Firewall, but I've been running ZoneAlarm since before I went to Broadband

adamdavid 10:23 14 Aug 03

Just tried pinging some of the sites I've had problems with and, surprise surprise, it told me the site timed out. Tried running a trace and it told me the last site before the connection times out - this means absolutely nothing to me.

Help

JoeC 10:28 14 Aug 03

Blueyonder BB for a while now and have no problems accessing sites. Why not give the helpline a call - 0845 number if memory serves me well

adamdavid 10:50 14 Aug 03

I've just downloaded and installed BigFix to see if there is a problem with my system, but it is unable to complete it's set up as the sites it needs to access are unavailable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…