problem accessing pcadvisor tinyurl documents

paul@reckin.demon.co.uk 14:06 15 Feb 14

I am having much trouble in finding the documents that i wish to view in Pcadvisor . If I wish to see the detail e.g laptop buying advice. Pcadvisor says go to tinyurl.com/n6r5438

I am using google in firefox.

When I try typing in the following click here in the google box it returns to say it cannot find the document. I have tried different formats etc without luck. What am I doing wrong - can anyone help. Thanks

rdave13 14:12 15 Feb 14

Copy and paste the tinyurl link to the address bar not into Google's search bar, gives you this, link.

rdave13 14:14 15 Feb 14

PS, your link also works.

paul@reckin.demon.co.uk 17:16 15 Feb 14

Thanks Dave for your help. I had tried the bar but possibly mistyped something as failure ensued. Now I am ok with this. I saw that my link worked on the forum when i hit the click. I thought perhaps I needed to download an add-on for tinyurl as the link in the pcadvisor forum had worked. Obviously not so complicated. I tried on page 42 o the current magazine (apr2014)the tinyurl link for the toshiba encore wt8-a-102 which is p5bd3gb and got the toshiba qosmio x70 laptop - must be an error made by pcadvisor or I'm going mad. Thanks again for your help. Paul

john bunyan 17:37 15 Feb 14

paul@reckin.demon.co.uk

To avoid spam etc, I would suggest you revise your site profile to use an alias on these forums rather than your e mail address.

rdave13 17:38 15 Feb 14

I get the x70 up as well using the p5bd3gb link so an error on PCA mag.

rdave13 17:43 15 Feb 14

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced