Problem accessing Outlook and Express from Sites

TonyV 20:04 13 Mar 07

I have just come across a wee problem when trying to go to the Contact e mail address for a site. When clicking on the e mail address, normally, Outlook fires up and I can scribe an e mail Suddenly I am now getting this error message:- "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed." Equally so, when I click on the mail icon in IE7, I get this message:-"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I have changed over from Outlook to Outlook Express and get the same message there!

I am on XP SP2 and IE7 but OE6. Outlook is the 2000 version. Both OE and Outlook work fine on their own. To my knowledge, they are both up to date, because Windows does its' update automatically.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

TonyV

VoG II 20:07 13 Mar 07

Possibly click here

TonyV 20:27 13 Mar 07

Many thanks. I will have a look and see if that will cure it. I've also found another of your little gems from here:- click here Which looks bit more promising.

TonyV

TonyV 21:20 13 Mar 07

I've tried the one in The link in my post above and that did not change anything. I have also had a look at the second half of the information in my link, and my registry appears to be the same as that is saying with one or two small variations that may be to do with the fact that I am using XP with SP2.

So, so far, there is no cahnge!

TonyV

TonyV 13:40 14 Mar 07

Seems to be to remove IE7 and revert back to IE6. That way the mail icon works fine. I shan't bother with IE7 again until such time as Mr Microsoft can get it to function correctly!

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009