Problem accessing internet via router

baconmuncher 23:14 23 Jan 08

Hi all I hope you can help. I have recently (after a lot of trouble) installed a ZyXEL ADSL router via ethernet cable to my windows XP SP2 computer and am able to connect to the internet. My sons new computer with Vista is linked wirelessly to the router and he can also access the internet. The problem we have is that as soon as the Vista PC goes online the XP one is unable to connect and when you run network diagnostic you get Winsock 2 error message. My ISP is Orange and the router is configured correctly for their settings.

If my son goes on his Wii on the internet we are still able to access internet on the XP computer.

Any suggestions?

howard64 12:28 24 Jan 08

this could be a firewall and/or IP address conflict. See if you can set the IP address permanently on the 2 pcs rather than have the router dynamically assign them. If you are not sure how to do this come back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…