problem accessing internet

plaice1 10:34 07 Dec 07

Bought this asus eee701 pc a few days back.Have been trying to access the internet via my wireless broadband.It kept asking for encryption key?I'm using Linux os.The wireless router is sitecom.Any suggestions,please.

xania 10:55 07 Dec 07

You need to set up an encryption key in the router and use the same on one on the receiver on each PC that you authorise to receive from that router. This can be any combination of letters & number etc, but should not be easily guessable.

2neat 11:04 07 Dec 07

Where did u get ee from & how much?
I am looking into getting one of these....are you pleased with it?
As xania says you need the wep or wpa key from the router. Plug in your cable to the router and browse the settings.
Good luck

plaice1 15:24 07 Dec 07

Xania,I bought this from Bennetts;Clove technology sells it as well with delivery charge.Bennetts charging £219.99.Pick up yourself.Delivery extra.Many thanks for suggestuions.Would give it a shot.Plaice1.

plaice1 17:24 07 Dec 07

Re:from Xania & 2neat:
followed your suggestions-obtained the wpa code from my sitecom wireless router setup and keyed in.No result.Still 'pending.....'
It is a neat little pc,ULTRAPORTABLE IF NOT FOR THE SMALL BOTHER WITH INTERNET ACCESS.

2neat 18:26 07 Dec 07

try turning off security on your router & connect.
If this works, it must be a setting. Setup wpa with a simple password 1234 etc & try lappy again.
If this works, increase security password & reconnect lappy. Hope this works.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:46 07 Dec 07

dupilcate click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:48 07 Dec 07

wrong thread please ignore me I'm Having a C.R.A.F.T.

plaice1 18:48 07 Dec 07

Hey guys,the problem is now solved!I followed the help suggested by Xania & 2neat again.The Eee701 PC is now able to access the net.Nice little machine!
Many thanks.Plaice1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…