Problem accessing certain webpages

bison 19:58 28 Feb 04

This is probably so easy to answer but I am afraid I don't know it. When I try to access certain websites they appear blank other than a small white upright rectangle (in the lefthand corner of the page)containing a red square in the top lefthand corner, a green circle in the middle on the left @ a blue triangle in the bottom lefthand corner.Please can anyone help this thickie as to what it is @ how to rectify it.
Thankyou in advance.

Diodorus Siculus 20:11 28 Feb 04

Don't know that it is that simple...

What operating sytem / what browser / what sites?

click here
to try to repair IE.

bison 20:49 28 Feb 04

Sorry I have been so long but I have done The IE repair & it's still the same.
I am using ME on IE6 & the last site I visited was click here where part of the page came up( the lower part showing products/shortcuts etc (at about the middle of the web page) but I had 2 of those rectangles in seperate boxes ontop of one another above this. It's as though a certain program is not working on my p.c. but I don't know which one.
I hope my explanation makes sense.

kp 21:03 28 Feb 04

In IE, click on Tools>Internet Options and click on the advanced tab. In the multimedia section make sure the 'show pictures' check box is selected. Make sure you have Macromedia Flash Player installed as well. click here

kp

bison 21:29 28 Feb 04

kp
Checked 'show pictures' & that box is ticked.
I already have flash player, but on the page that you sent me to, there were 2 'boxes'on that page.
The lower one had the words "start creating now" with some other writing in it then immediately above that there was another 'box' which only had one of those cursed rectangles in it...!
What does that 'box' contain? as this might narrow things down a bit.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…