problem

brybob 10:35 13 Aug 07

Hi all, l have a fire wall installed and a virus protector from Virgin cable.
l have this= ebatesmoemoney. blocked by the firewall and allthough l also uninstall it as well it gets though to my PC and every morning when l log on l am ask by thre fire wall if it should allow this program to cotact the internet.
how can l kill it once and forever l dont know what it is so l dont want it.
Cheers all.

wee eddie 10:56 13 Aug 07

Firewall< Anti Virus (Name please, not just Virgins thingy).

Do you have anything Anti Spywear/Malwear programmes installed.

What do you do to ensure that they are up-to-date and how often do you run them.

Keeping your PC clean is a Pro-active task.

spuds 11:05 13 Aug 07

"I also uninstall it ....". How do you uninstall it. But ticking a box etc?.

brybob 12:03 13 Aug 07

l have b/band pc guard and B/Band fire wall all came free with My B/Band conection from Virgin Media, my spyware is also a free adision from Superadblocker.com all have been working fine uptill now, even the popup blocker works ok.
And l did uninstall the ebatesmoemoney think and do every morning.
regard Bry.

wee eddie 12:39 13 Aug 07

When you installed it,

How often have you set it to update itself and how often do you run Scans?

wee eddie 12:46 13 Aug 07

Already has an Ad Blocker included.

I suggest that you add Spybot to your armoury, its free.

brybob 13:47 13 Aug 07

The PC guard was recenly reinstalled as it was the old blueyonder one and virgin media took over and went l had a problem with the blueyonder guard l was told to delate and there tecy guy talked me through a reinstall with a virgin media guard. l dont have a problem with it just this dam money thing, THAT by the way just poped up again as l signed on again.
and l will take a look at spybot.

wee eddie 14:11 13 Aug 07

Search here for the threads that suggest free solutions. there are a couple of first class threads but I don't want to make it to easy for you.

By the way: I read through the PC Guard literature. Are you doing the Weekly Scan and Upgrade check that they recommend?

With any luck Spybot R&D should solve the problem. I use Ad-Aware as well. Every one has their own particular favourites as none of them manage to hoover up everything.

wee eddie 14:13 13 Aug 07

I know that PC Guard does live scanning of everything all the time, but they recommend that you run the scan yourself once each week. Maybe as a sort of double check.

brybob 16:16 13 Aug 07

Hi Guys, tell you what l just downloaded spybot, and am l impressed or what, it found lots and lot of stuff on my computer including that money thingy and has delated it together with lots of other stuff so l hope that's the last of that.
And yes l do do a scan on a regular basis with the virus protection program and the spyware l had before the spy bot,
do l delate the old spyware ? and keep the spybot ?.
Thanks Very much to all.

wee eddie 17:38 13 Aug 07

If I remember rightly Spybot's updates come through some time on Wednesday, so I usually run it on Wednesday evening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced