//some 3rd party need geo

probelm after installing win 98 on compaq laptop

edennorman 11:19 30 Apr 04

Hello

I posted yesterday asking for help about how to install win 98 on my old M300 compaq laptop.

I found out how to do it...but after installing correctly (i hope) I find that the desktop only takes up an inner rectangle of the screen...around the desktop is a black area of screen about 1.5 inches deep all round, anyone have any idea.

a)what caused it.... and
b)how to get my whole desktop back again?

Thanks everyone...really appreciate your help.

eden

Gongoozler 11:36 30 Apr 04

If this problem applies to all the displays, then it's probably a graphics driver problem, you need to find and install the correct drivers. If you are referring to just the background wallpaper, then on the background, right click, select "Properties", then in the Display box, click on the down arrow and select "Stretch".

edennorman 14:34 30 Apr 04

thank you for the reply.

yes it applies to all the displays.....so what drivers are we talking about...are they win 98 graphics drivers....compaq drivers? And where might i look for them?

Thank you so much for your help.

eden

Eric10 14:40 30 Apr 04

click here for Compaq M300 drivers.

edennorman 16:15 30 Apr 04

Thank you for link...problem solved.

eden

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…