in private browsing won't connect to websites

march 21:01 PM 22 May 12

Have vista and ie9 in google and bing when I try to go on 'in private browsing' I get a message saying Internet Explorer cannot display the web page, I have checked that in private browsing is turned on, can anyone suggest what could be causing it please?

Thanks March

Woolwell 22:17 PM 22 May 12

In IE9 when I go to in private a new window opens stating "in private is turned on" I then insert the URL or open the favorite for the website that I want. Is this how you are doing it?

march 06:39 AM 23 May 12

Yes Woolwell I do, it says 'inprivate is turned on' when I put in the url it attempts to connect to site, then it comes up 'internet explorer cannot display the web page'

march 07:16 AM 23 May 12

Ive been playing around with this and if for instance I type in 'pcadvisor' it will not connect but if I type in the complete url for pcadvisor it connects. I thought I would have only to put 'pcadvisor' not the whole address?

Woolwell 10:32 AM 23 May 12

I think that it should connect but do you have any ad-block or history cleaning programs running?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…