Privacy settings

suky53 19:47 24 Mar 06

Hi I wonder if some-one could tell me please how to adjust the privacy settings to block all ILL natured stuff on the internet. I have set the privacy level for Young Child in in my McAfee Privacy service and that is not blocking content what else do I have to do please.

Thankyou

ACOLYTE 19:58 24 Mar 06

Well you could set the ratings in IE but its not discriminate,what i mean is if you block sites,you block them and no one can get to them not just your daughter,the admin can use a password to disable the setting and open pages but if you forget the password you will need to go into the reg to disable it.To start it right click the IE icon and select properties then the content tab then click enable,you can choose what lvl's to set on the screen that opens.

Belatucadrus 20:18 24 Mar 06

you could try one of the free parental filter programs :- click here Naomi, click here WeBlocker or click here iProtect you.

Jackcoms 20:53 24 Mar 06

"I wonder if some-one could tell me please how to adjust the privacy settings to block all ILL natured stuff on the internet".

The only way to do that is to refrain from using the Internet in the first place.

suky53 21:27 24 Mar 06

Thankyou I have downloaded Naomi and it is working Great. Ideally it would be great to keep younger one's off the internet but times have changed from using a Encyclopedia to do Homework it is all look on the internet now although I do limit it. God I sound old.
Anyway thankyou so much for all your input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…