Privacy Report

User-178362 22:27 07 Sep 05

I am getting an Icon with an eye and a no go sign at the bottom of the screen. What is this telling me. Can I view it or leave it alone?

Diodorus Siculus 22:32 07 Sep 05

Right click on it and see what it says.

mec13 23:27 07 Sep 05

System is xp home/sp2 etc. the guest account is of, (I think) I have the 'Administator account'. Is this the reason why I have no 'User account' link in the Control Panel, or is there something wrong somewhere.

One way I found to open the 'User Accounts' is whilst in the Control Panel, into 'System', click on the 'advanced tab', click on the 'settings' button in 'user profiles' where there is a link to 'User Accounts'

I'm sure there was a 'User account' icon in the control panel at one time, or has my tinkering somehow removed it.

mec13 23:32 07 Sep 05

sea princess, sorry about this , must be half asleep.

put my posting onto yours, I'll slap my wrist for you.

Skills 02:03 08 Sep 05

I believe it is telling you that it has blocked a cookie from the website.

Diodorus Siculus 07:26 08 Sep 05

Small eye, White box, and a Red X?, Part 2
"" The small eye indicates that you have a privacy report. It is nothing malicious. Double click it and you will receive a privacy report related to the site you are visiting. It will show you what you have restricted such as cookies and other items. "

Side note: A cookie is a file that holds tracking information about a web site you've visited. Cookies are written to your computer through the web browser you use (for example: Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc). Not all cookies are bad: some web sites use cookies to "remember you" the next time you login to a web site.

On the other hand, third party ("bad cookies") are tagged onto your computer with an affiliate ID number for the purpose of a commissioned sale. For example: Let's say you visited johndoe.com, and a link you clicked on caused you to be redirected to another web site, called everything-for-sale.com. If you purchase a product online everything-for-sale.com, the owner of johndoe.com may receive a commissioned sale (through a cookie) for having directed you to everything-for-sale.com. Got it?

Ed Z. writes:

" The small eye in the white box is a security warning from Internet Explorer warning that there are cookies at the site you are visiting and IE is blocking the cookies per your settings. When there is a red X, it means you are not blocking any cookies or private info. To check the settings click Start, Control Panel, Internet settings, Security. ""
click here

User-178362 19:49 08 Sep 05

It is an eye in the right bottom corner next to Internet icon, with a red ball and a white line going through it just like a No entry sign. There isn't a red cross. I am only on this forum site. but the PC isn't mine. I deleted there cookies on the Ad-Aware. Do you think I might have done something wrong?

VoG II 19:52 08 Sep 05

Double click it to find out what it has blocked.

User-178362 19:59 08 Sep 05

It said tracker.idg.co.uk recordhit. It said show restricted web sites, but I did not click on that. Is this to do with me or there PC?

VoG II 20:05 08 Sep 05

It is the settings on their PC.

All it is telling you is that IE is blocking a cookie. Nothing to worry about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…