//some 3rd party need geo

Priter quality

maddenj 16:03 23 Oct 03

In Printer properties I have option to print on "plain paper" or "360dpi Inkjet paper" among others. I am only concerned at the moment with printing good quality text. Which gives better result? Is one setting or other more economical on ink. Epson Stylus C42 with geniune T36 cartridge. I find with "plain paper" ink tends to bleed.
Thanks. JM.

john-232317 16:10 23 Oct 03

The best way is to try a copy of each and see which meets your needs.

Taff36 16:24 23 Oct 03

There are all sorts of paper qualities. The cheaper end of the market is Photocopier quality and usually 80 gsm (grammes per square metre) and these vary in quality. The well known brands as opposed to the "Own Label" are usually better quality. Some of the recycled photocopy paper is very absorbent. I would suggest you either buy a more expensive 80 gsm paper or go to 100gsm paper.

If you want to print good quality presentation documents for distribution to say customers go to your office suppliers and ask their advice on what they stock. It will be worth it.

Diemmess 17:18 23 Oct 03

If you have a "friendly printer" (human not Epson) ask him for a few sample sheets of different papers, you can always buy a ream later.

Standards and expectations rise all the time. My own view is that the better the paper and the less ambitious the software the better.

For digital photography you should pay up for the photo quality stuff, but for "ordinary" printing expect to buy a quality paper which is a matter of choice, balancing good looks with cost.

I was given a few sheets of an Austrian paper -(Neuschlieder Color Copy paper) which is about a tenner a ream but gives good results when selecting "plain paper" from the printer menu.
Viking do an Imperial paper which is nearly as good and a lot cheaper.

Djohn 17:28 23 Oct 03

If you have a branch of Staples near to you, pop in and ask them for their advice, they will also give you a few samples of different paper to try. Usually, but not always, plain paper setting is OK for draft printing, set your printer to that.

Use 360dpi for a better quality paper as suggested above, then use your high quality setting with top quality paper.

Always safe to use a branded name of paper for quality printing, but I will also recommend Staples own brand of paper in the different qualities that you require. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…