prints faded.

xalemo 17:05 22 Aug 04

Hi all,
I have a canon i550 bubble jet. It used to print out nice photos and graphics on kodak picture paper, standard cheap one. However, now anything I print is faded, colors are terrible. I have plenty of ink and it's canon branded. I went to pcworld today, thinking naively they could advise on paper maybe. The guy said, all paper brands are great, whatever you choose.
any ides why is it so faded?
Thanks

nick_j007 17:49 22 Aug 04

Although you say it has plenty of ink...are you totally sure (sorry to ask) as this sounds like low cartridges to me.

Well, if you know you are going to need more sooner or later you could always go ahead and get them now anyway.

The paper is not the reason. NOT all papers are great, so do seek further professional advice later on re the paper aspect.

A quick thought also; I bough a Lexmark printer for my father-in-law and the cartridge (came with the printer) ran out after no time. Turns out they were half capacity to get you going.

You may have an option on your printer in the Properties to clean the heads. Look under Help maybe?

HTH,

Nick

xalemo 17:57 22 Aug 04

Do you think ink running low would explain some pictures being blurred? AS well I usually get a driver warning when one cartridge is running low.

wee eddie 19:25 22 Aug 04

Could you have turned it to Ecomomy Mode!

Wak 21:12 22 Aug 04

Go in to a text program and type large Text in the three colours ie. RED, YELLOW and BLUE then print it out.
If these coloured texts are the right colour then then graphic program which you use for your photos could have altered the colour profile of your printer making the output look faded and lifeless.
Some Graphic programs allow you to alter the colour balance,the depth of the printing and the Gamma so that you can get your printer to print exactly what you see on the screen.
It can be difficult and time consuming but it is possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…