Prints a blank page between every printed page

Wessie 14:19 08 Nov 05

I have annoying problem in that everytime I go to print anything to a HP Laserjet 5m printer it prints one page and then a blank page and then prints again and then another blank page. I am using XP Pro. Any ideas how I can resolve this problem. Thanks!

moore_mat 14:33 08 Nov 05

Hi Wessie

It's a long shot, but have a look at the properties for your printer (Go into Control Panel --> Printers and Faxes --> Right click on the printer and choose "Properties"). Click on the "Advanced" tab and you'll see a "Seperator page" button in the bottom right corner. Click it, and make sure the resulting box is totally empty.

After that; the best bet is to look through the "printing preferences" - to get to them, click the "General" tab of your printer property screen and click the "Printing Preferences" button - you'll need to look through all these screens yourself as I'm afraid I don't have the same printer as you so can't tell where the option for "seperator page" might be.

Good luck with the diagnosing!

M@

wee eddie 15:31 08 Nov 05

Take a look at your Document.

Take the Cursor to the end of the document and, using the "Back Delete" key, run the Cursor back to the last essential entry.

Sometimes the computer finds space, filled with blanks, after ones typed message. They are, of course, invisible to us but the PC thinks that there is something there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…