Printmaster Gold

Pinelea 21:54 25 Apr 05

I have used Pintmaster Gold from the PCA cover disc some whiile ago, always successfully.

Last week i had need to remove several programs, including pmw, from my Evesham Athlone machine running XP with SP2. Now I want to re-install it, but each time Iclick on the icon on the opening page of the PCA coverdisc, the system takes me straight into my word-processor, Lotus WordPro. I've tried working from a copy disc, and from the disc copied to the hard-drive, all to no avail.

What do I do next, please?

Ralph P Smith

Technotiger 21:55 25 Apr 05

Hi, have you tried System Restore?

Pinelea 21:38 27 Apr 05

Thanks, Technotiger, but, to add to the rpoblems, it appears I can't go away from this month with System Restore. There are a few Restore points mid-month, after the problem arose, and it stubbornly refuses to go back to March.

Have you a solution for that as well?

woodchip 21:45 27 Apr 05

With the CD in comp. Go to Windows Explorer Expand CD until you see the pmw program setup file double click it

Pinelea 14:42 11 Nov 05

After a whole "summer" devoted to other activities, I've come back to trying to re-install PCA's cover disc of PrintMaster Gold.

I tried your suggestion of opening the folder vis windows explorer. the screen told me that the pmwinst32.dat (or similar name) file was missing or corrupt. the dis c surface appears fine, and the program did install well before I put the disc safely away.

Do you have any other suggestions - or an alternative source for the file in question?

Thanks for your help so far.

woodchip 15:01 11 Nov 05

Your CD drive may need a cleaning disc in it. Do not over use

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…