[email protected] software update

Sealer 20:26 30 Nov 03

Has anybody used this software and managed to update it from their website and make it work?

JIM 20:39 30 Nov 03

are you meaning the following ,and to what os.

PrintIT Software Updates

If you have already installed the PrintIT software, you can get the latest updates to it for free here!!

This version was released on September 9th, 2002.

If you don't already have the PrintIT software, you can purchase it here.

To install the latest updates just follow the instructions below:

Quick download:

Please follow the instructions below:

Click on the 'Download template' icon below.
A 'File Download' box will appear. Click on 'Open this file from its current location' and then click 'OK'.
The file will download and open your unzipping facility. In the unzipped archive you will see the file named 'printit.exe'.
To install the latest update to your machine, single click on this file, then press 'Extract'.

Use the 'Extract' dialogue box to navigate to your 'C:\Program files\Print It' folder, or the folder where you installed the PrintIt software.
Press 'Extract' or 'OK'.

A box will open asking if you want to overwrite the current version of the software - click 'Yes'
You have now installed the update. Close the Winzip window.

click here

Sealer 20:49 30 Nov 03

Yes I have tried the download on their web site, I followed the instructions. I got a small download of 265Kb. When extracted (it dosnt overwrite) and I try to run: It says Missing mfc42.dll. I have now got this dll. Now it says Template not found!. Can I take it you have this program running ok?. W98SE

JIM 22:41 30 Nov 03

no,had simlar problem quite a few years ago but the following may help.

Take it you know what version of mfc42.dll you installed and where, incase it may not be 100%.(I say that because you may have a few of them on your system)Do a find files for the mfc42.dll and see how many.

Follow link which will deal and explain with the
mfc42.dll.Found it handy very often save me a lota typing :) You may be best to do a SFC check first as that would normally take care of any corrupt or missing dll/files.

click here

You could also try this after the SFC check to get your program working.

"Unload all startup program" before re-installation of your PrintIT Software plus the update with the msconfig command.

Run msconfig untick all boxes in startup. Restart system,install the program plus update
reboot system if required.Run msconfig again select/tick all your boxes as before and reboot.

see how you do.

Sealer 20:00 01 Dec 03

Looks like a nightmare, but I will give it a go.
Thanks for your help.(I hope)

JIM 22:17 01 Dec 03

Just take your time not as bad as you may fear:)

woodchip 23:42 01 Dec 03

Copy the MFC42 to System Folder it will overwrite the one that's on. If it does not work right just run SFC to restore from Win98 disc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…