Printing and xp pro

igk 15:43 17 Dec 03

Hi All, Your help needed please,have just installed xp pro on a pc,the printer is a lexmark jet z25/35 usb,the problem is that when I try to print in word the pc crashes/reboots,it also does this if I try to print from Wordpad and Notepad, I have:checked the printer and reinsalled drivers,made the printer default(there is just the one)checked its on the correct port,reinstalled office and tried previous office versions,there is no conflict in device manager,have been to lexmark support to no avail.I think I have just about covered everything,but the stange thing is that if I transfer a word doc from another pc over to this one it prints out ok!!! also test printing is ok also the printer worked fine with xp home previously.thanks in advance,hoping someone has the solution.

Jester2K II 15:45 17 Dec 03

Have you got the latest drivers?

igk 15:51 17 Dec 03

Hi Jester, Thanks for being so quick, Have checked Lexmark and the only update is a patch that is not relevant but installed it anyway but no new drivers.

igk 17:44 17 Dec 03

Hi Jester,
Would you credit it,just been to lexmark again (thro a link site)and there are updated drivers,problem solved,thanks anyway.igk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…