printing XML file (messenger conversation)

bloo meeny 13:22 05 Nov 05

Hi, need help with the following please ....
I wish to save a permanent copy of a conversation history of a contact of mine.

I have MSN messenger set to save all conversations automatically, and I have found the option to PRINT it out, but that's a lot of paper (and ink !!) and I'd rather have it as a text file only.

I have tried opening the file (XML?) with both Wordpad and Word, but get all the coding as well, which I don't want.

Anyone know if I can do this please ? Thanks :-)

bloo meeny 13:25 05 Nov 05

Sorry - just to make it clear - I want to save the text as a file, rather than have to print it all out.

bloo meeny 14:31 05 Nov 05

^

ACOLYTE 14:34 05 Nov 05

As far as i know the text is saved as a text file anyway,i dont know where it gets the XML file from.

Rigga 14:40 05 Nov 05

Open the xml file in Internet Explorer. Which should format the xml file into text.

Select all (ctrl+a) and copy (ctrl+c). Then paste (ctrl+v) into notepad/wordpad/word etc.. that should give you the text.

If you paste into word it will likely create a table, which you can then convert into text.

HTH. R.

bloo meeny 16:36 05 Nov 05

Thanks both for you replies.

Achived exactly what I wanted to do following Rigga's instructions ..... as always, easy when you know how :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…