printing in word or excel

marcus22798 10:43 23 Apr 03

A bit trivial I know but when I print a document from word or excel instead of printing from page 1 to 5 it prints from 5 to 1 instead. I haven't reversed the print order or changed any of the settings that i know of - can anyone tell me whats wrong.

cheers marcus

Big Elf 11:08 23 Apr 03

In Printer properties on the Advanced Tab there is a button labelled 'Printing Defaults'. One of the options available in there is Page Order. Yours may be set to 'Back to Front' instead of 'Front to Back'.

This is in WinXP and may be slightly different in other OS.

DieSse 12:46 23 Apr 03

printing as page 5 to page 1 is the better way, surely - then your document come from the printr outtray just as it should be - page 1 on top.

Big Elf 13:09 23 Apr 03

I think it may depend on how the paper is output. On my old inkjet it used to print out one page on top of the other and 'Back to Front' would have worked. However my laserjet outputs one page behind the other so 'Front to Back' works for that.

DieSse 13:15 23 Apr 03

Sorry - shouldn't assume everbody has a standard inkjet printer!

Big Elf 13:34 23 Apr 03

No need to be sorry. You should read some of the wild assumptions I've made:-)

Big Elf 13:37 23 Apr 03

Plus anyone reading this may have one of the magic "Ah, so that's how you do it" moments. It happens to me a lot these days, particularly reading the threads here.

Simsy 19:05 23 Apr 03

but in Word there is the specific choice to do this....

It's in Tools>Options then in the "Print" tab there is a checkbox "Reverse Print Order"

The fact that it's happening in Excel also however would propably indicate that it is a printer setting, as suggested rather than a programme setting.

Regards,

Sims

Big Elf 19:11 23 Apr 03

I checked the settings through Control Panel, Printer and faxes. Select the printer and after double clicking on it then select Printer, Properties. The changes made here then apply to all applications.

Hope this clarifies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…