printing to wireless print server

Dutchy11 23:59 16 Jan 04

Hi i have a wireless network functioning in the house. Desktop (Win98se)wired to switch which in turn is connected to a bb modem and also a WAP. Laptop (XPpro) runs a pcmcia card which connects to the wap.

I have just bought a wireless print server. So my inkjet is now connected to the wps.

By typing in the ip address i can access the print server from both machines. Oddly, it does not appear in network neighborhood on the desktop - but I have been able to manually add it as a network printer. So I can print quite happily from the desktop to the wirless print server. I cannot do the same from the XP laptop and cannot figure out why (especially as I can access the prnint server via its web browser). Has anyonwe got any pointers ?

Forum Editor 07:50 17 Jan 04

the printer or print server, but I've had a client with a similar problem in the past with a Hewlett Packard print server/printer set up.

In that case the problem was caused by not running the supplied utility software on both computers, and not naming the network correctly. Once I sorted that out it all worked perfectly.

Dutchy11 18:57 18 Jan 04

Oops sorry - Access point and PCMCIA card are Belkin. the print server is Edimax and the printer HP Photosmart 7150.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…