Printing Wireless

STEVE71163 12:35 10 Jan 06

I have got my pc set up on a wireless router with the main desktop on an ethernet cable and the laptop connects wireless. If i wanted to use my printer that is connected to my desktop with my laptop is this possible? If it is what will i need?

Thank You!

Fellsider 14:19 10 Jan 06

@@

STEVE71163 21:46 11 Jan 06

?????

Minkey1 23:37 11 Jan 06

If you've already set up the network e.g. MSHOME, set the printer to "share" (from the printer panel on your desktop) and "add new printer" from the laptop. Hopefully if both are on the same workgroup you will see the printer listed as a network item, add it, and try it.

It has been suggested here that to ensure success, physically installing the printer on the lappy first then reconnecting it to the DT will help the above.

To print wirelessly from the lappy, your desktop will have to be on.

STEVE71163 07:28 12 Jan 06

Thanks Minkey. So if i wanted to be able to print with the desktop off its not possible?

Steve- 08:06 12 Jan 06

For printing without PC you need a dedicated print server such as this:

click here

I believe other companies such as Netgear do similar items, try a search.

STEVE71163 08:10 12 Jan 06

Thanks Steve. Problem sorted then!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…