printing off Win2K OS on XP printer

Bargee 13:54 PM 09 Jun 11

Hi,

I share a printer between 2 PCs, 1 running XP Home, the other Win2K. All new printers no longer recognise Win2K as far as I'm aware, so is it possible to set up the Win2K PC to operate a printer built for XP or higher or am I going to have to upgrade that PCs OS?

Cheers.

Bargee 15:57 PM 09 Jun 11

Just heard from Kodak Support on this &their inspirational response is to upgrade the OS. In otherwords, they've copped out & stated the b**ing obvious! I know that IF there is a solution, one of you guys out there will know it.

mgmcc 17:10 PM 09 Jun 11

Even if you're printing via a printer connected to an XP PC and set as "shared", you still need to have the Windows 2000 drivers in the PC that's running that operating system.

Bargee 08:03 AM 10 Jun 11

Thanks mgmcc, it really does look like I'm stuffed on this one. Kodak do not have any Win2K drivers for this printer, I suppose that if they did, they'd be on the printer's CDROM & there's no sign of them.

Cheers anyway.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites