Printing white lines

swanny2 11:02 23 Mar 06

hi there i have a Epson c86 printer.
It wasnt having problems till i just went too print something..What im getting is like white Lines across the Pic about 5mm apart ..small thin lines..
Ive tryed cleaning nozzles alignment etc ,but its still the same..
Any advise please.
Thankyou .
Swanny :O)

rmcqua 11:55 23 Mar 06

Hi swanny2, this is usually a sign of empty or fried out cartridges. Are you sure that yours are not empty? Also, are you sure that you are not printing in "draft" mode, which can sometimes produce this kind of effect?

Smiler 13:55 23 Mar 06

Try replacing the cartridges with new ones then run a couple of cleaning cycles. If this doesn't work you may need to get hold of some cleaning cartridges because you probably have a couple of blocked nozzles.

jack 18:11 23 Mar 06

Or you can make a set of cleaning Carts with a set off old ones filled with Alcohol or WindowCleaner.

palinka 18:26 23 Mar 06

"Try replacing the cartridges with new ones then run a couple of cleaning cycles". Yes, that should work, but it will also use a measurable amount of ink from the new cartridges.

wee eddie 21:27 23 Mar 06

There is a possibility that the Print Head is out of line.

It might be worth going through the Set-up & Alignment Routine again.

Smiler 13:40 24 Mar 06

"Try replacing the cartridges with new ones then run a couple of cleaning cycles". Yes, that should work, but it will also use a measurable amount of ink from the new cartridges.

Yes but it's cheaper than a new printer.

wee eddie, swanny2 has already stated he's tried aligning the printer.

swanny2 16:29 25 Mar 06

cheers chaps i will get some new cartridges an try that .. ty.

fullyfitted 17:25 02 Apr 06

I had the same problem with an Epson 700. It had a pressure contol lever to allow different thickness of media to be used and this had been set to "thick" by mistake allowing the paper (usually glossy photo ) to slip.

I don't know if the Epson C86 is the same but if not it might be worth cleaning the feed rollers,

Hope this is some help

FF

dumb_haddik 20:46 02 Apr 06

I have had 3 epson printers in the past six years, and all have failed. much in the same way that yours seems to be

I noticed that my canon scanner had been running like a dream for eight years running, so decided to get a canon printer. the i250 has been with me now for 3 years, never fails.

Epson seem to be quite a cheap brand.

No offence
Thanks

terryf 23:51 02 Apr 06

I had problems with lines, after some cleaning cartridge cycles, I left it alone for a few days with the ink cartridges and it cleared

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…