Printing from a website

PaulOwen 19:24 25 May 04

I want to print of a website which takes up about a sheet and a half of A4. How do I reduce the size so it fits on to one page? Thanks

jack 19:32 25 May 04

Copy and paste into word pad or word, and the editor the type size down to fit - 12 point to 10
should do it

Pesala 19:36 25 May 04

You can set the Print scale in Opera to 70% or so.

PaulOwen 19:36 25 May 04

It won't copy correctly, there are too many links and it is all different once pasted.

PaulOwen 19:37 25 May 04

Whats Opera?

Pesala 19:57 25 May 04

You can use print preview to see if the page will fit. If it doesn't, you can change the print options until it does. Since so much depends on the way the site is laid out, it is impossible to tell whether the page can be made to fit at a readable size, but one can usually reduce the page enough to fit the full width.

Pesala 20:02 25 May 04

I can fit this entire page width on A4 portrait. Only the message box doesn't fit on the first page. In internet Explorer, the right side is cut off.

PaulOwen 20:08 25 May 04

Where do I get Opera?

Pesala 20:12 25 May 04

click here

If you're on dial-up you could try the non-java version to see if you like it. Installation is easy. Choose Google ads. You can run it alongside Internet Explorer, at the same time on the same page if you want. The Opera Forums are a great place to get help on using it: click here

PaulOwen 20:52 25 May 04

Thanks Pesala, done and dusted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…