Printing web pages

Dirty Dick 12:00 14 May 04

Whenever I go on the internet ant try to print a web page I lose the left hand margin (it leaves characters off the end). I run three printer and it happens with all three. I am running Windows XP Pro and use Internet Explorer 6.0 as my browser. Can anyone help.
thanks

Blanc Glacier 12:07 14 May 04

If when trying to print of the web you highlight then text you actually want then go to file > print and click on selection then that should only print of the bit you have highlighted. Whereas before if you just print then it prints all of the adverts and so forth which can be a pain as the webpages you are viewing is a different resolution to your printer settings.
If that doesnt work, have you tried adjusting then margins within your printer settings?

BC

Pesala 12:10 14 May 04

It has an option to zoom the page down when printing, or print on landscape paper.

Pesala 12:19 14 May 04

It has an option to zoom the page down when printing, or print on landscape paper.

SEASHANTY 15:42 14 May 04

Some info on setting browser page margins at this website
click here

interzone55 15:55 14 May 04

Try using Mozilla Firebird browser, seems to cope a lot better than IE6 when printing.
The upside of using Firebird over Opera is that Firebird is completely free, whereas the free version of Opera is Ad-funded.

Firebird has all the Opera advantages, such as mouse gestures & tabbed browsing.

interzone55 15:56 14 May 04

Sorry, my bad.

It's Firefox now, you can get it here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…