Printing Web Pages.

carper 14:35 24 Nov 03

When I try to print a page from a web site I get a message An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 639 Char 1 Error invalid argument URLres://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview:dlg.

The printer works perfectly in Word. My system is Home
Can anyone tell me how to clear this without resorting to system restore

spikeychris 14:41 24 Nov 03

What O/S?

AndyJ 15:56 24 Nov 03

Try either
click here
click here

The first seems to work for most people, but the second has a quick work round at the bottom. Hope the links work...I always have trouble with these Microsoft links

carper 10:24 25 Nov 03

Thanks Andy, but the article appears to apply to
I.E. 5.5 and I have I.E 6

Djohn 11:04 25 Nov 03

It may be the fault finder in IE6 and it's turned off by most users simply because it can be a nuisance in use. Try the following. Open IE and go to tools/internet options/advanced, scroll down 6 boxes and (place) a tick in "Disable script debugging" and in the box below, (Remove) the tick from, "Display a notification about every script error"

carper 12:44 25 Nov 03

Thanks Djohn
Sorry not the answer. but thanks anyway

Djohn 12:49 25 Nov 03

Your welcome, sorry it wasn't the fix. Ive only just started to use IE, so not too familiar with it yet. Don't worry though, someone will have the answer for you. j.

AndyJ 13:06 25 Nov 03

Apparently prople with IE6 have used this fix succesfully although it was written for 5.5

carper 11:57 30 Dec 03

following my recent enquiry regarding the above subject I regret that I had to eventually reinstall. Thanks to all who helped anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…