Printing Watermarks

marchbryant 18:15 11 May 03

An easy one for you!
I have seen watermarks printed on paper that can then be used as personalised writing paper. Any picture of your choice can be used as the watermark. I have looked everywhere (I think) for a path to print out these watermarks but to no avail. Can somebody enlighten me please. Maybe it is specific only to certain printers, I have a Lexmark Z52.

BrianW 18:24 11 May 03

If you have Word 97 or later you will find the option there. Its a bit of a fiddle to get used to, but it works a treat once you master it. Just look up "Watermark" in Help and follow the instructions.

Pesala 20:13 11 May 03

There is also an option to add the watermark at printer driver level with Epson Printers. You can add grey text such as "Draft" "For Your Eyes Only" etc., and the drivers also allow you to add BMP images as watermarks, which is what you seem to want. There are options to position and size the bmp and to change its shading.

Have a good look at your printer properties, and see if there is an option. Then you can use watermarks from any program, not just from Word.

bowman 20:59 11 May 03

Quote taken from here:

click here

"The layout features are a bit more robust, offering options such as reverse printing, watermarks, booklet printing, etc. My favorite feature, however, is the "Wait for pages to dry" option"...........

It would seem that the Lexmark Z52 is capable of printing it's own watermarks.

Hope this helps.

otubby1 21:35 11 May 03

This is from Office xp but if you are running an esarlier one I think the same applies.

On the Format menu, point to Background, and then click Printed Watermark.

Do one of the following:
To insert a picture as a watermark, click Picture Watermark, and then click Select Picture. Select the picture you want, and then click Insert.

To insert a text watermark, click Text Watermark, and then select or enter the text that you want.

Select any additional options that you want, and then click Apply.
For Help on an option, click the question mark , and then click the option.

To view a watermark as it will appear on the printed page, use print layout view.

If you want to use an object, such as an AutoShape, as a watermark, you can manually paste or insert it into the document header. You cannot use the Printed Watermark dialog box to control these settings.

Note If you want to add a theme, which includes document backgrounds, design elements, and color schemes, use the Themes command on the Format menu.

marchbryant 22:26 11 May 03

Thanks for your help guys. I knew it would be staring me in the face!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…