//some 3rd party need geo

Printing very blurry

Rhuddlan 18:22 01 May 03

I have recentley brought a scanner and scanned and printed out some photos of my local town to send away to relations, but when printing in colour, the pitcures are very blurry, the heads have been cleaned, the nozzles checked and I have installed the latest printer drives from the epson website, I have Win XP Home, a packard bell i design computer and a Epson Stylus C42UX printer, all software is correctly installed and all hardware is compatiable with my OS. The printer paper is set to plain, as it is plain paper I am using, and both ink cartridges are full and installed correctlely, thanks.

-pops- 18:26 01 May 03

You say you are using plain paper. Is this cheap copy paper such as is used in photocopiers etc?

If so, you shouldn't expect very good results.

For any sort of reasonable quality photo's you must use good quality paper.

Brian

_Treb_ 20:11 01 May 03

It's just possible that your paper is damp. Damp paper causes all sorts of problems including poor copy/print quality and paper misfeeds. Always keep your paper in it's waxed wrapper and try to seal the end of the package when storing.

ex copier engineer 20 years.

wee eddie 20:18 01 May 03

If you are printing photo's.

Your spending a fortune in ink -

don't spoil the ship for a h'apeth of tar

or in this case - Photographic paper

Pack as many images as you can onto each sheet if you feel a desperate need to economise.

You can be really quite artistic with this by overlapping, blurring edges,and overlaying images

Peter 20:42 01 May 03

Possibly the resolution is a bit low for printing. 75 dpi will look good on screen, but you will need 300 dpi to print to the same level of quality.

Also don't try to over-enlarge the print as that will show up all the imperfections in the image.

Peter.

Peter 20:46 01 May 03

Possibly the resolution is a bit low for printing. 75 dpi will look good on screen, but you will need 300 dpi to print to the same level of quality.

Also don't try to over-enlarge the print as that will show up all the imperfections in the image.

Peter.

Rhuddlan 19:46 02 May 03

The paper is mainly cheap, I have got some epson ink jet plain paper, but have not used this yet, I'll try this. Thanks for all the help.

wee eddie 20:19 02 May 03

epson ink jet plain paper is designed for decent text output. So you should achieved a reduced ink bleed but the colours will be dull, possibly even muddy, at least try colour inkjet paper.

Invest a £1. Buy a sheet of photo paper and give it a try. I think you will be flabbergasted at the quality of print your PC/Printer is capable of

Rhuddlan 10:27 04 May 03

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm off shopping tommorow, on a bank holiday, so I will get some then, regards, Rhuddlan.

wee eddie 17:26 05 May 03

It's very pricey but the results usually get to justify the cost.

2 things!

Don't try to print a picture to large. It pixel-ates and looks weird.

Set your page to 'Landscape' and print 4 photos per page:- Cost per print reduced by 1/4

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…