Printing through router

pc111 00:47 19 Jan 06

I have a desktop attached to wireless router via ethernet cable which has a network attached storage device, WD Netcenter connected to it, which has my printer attached to it through a USB cable. Previously I had the printer connected directly to my desktop and it worked fine but the situation has now changed. Unfortunately in doing so, the desktop and the laptop I have, which has a wireless card, cannot access the printer and and an error printing sign comes up with a question over the printer icon. Could anyone shed any light on this, I'm sure its quite simple, one hopes..much appreciated

Minkey1 02:05 19 Jan 06

I'll watch this with interest, as I've just installed the same WD Netcenter, partly for backups which we can all access via the router, and partly so we can share the printer without the desktop being on.

Only I haven't had time to do the printer bit yet ! click here*&p_li=&p_topview=1 gives some guidance. I think it only supports certain printers (mine should be OK) and I saw a list somewhere on the WD site. Have you tried the EasyLink control panel ?

Incidentally, if you share files and folders, have you noticed they've stopped being listed if copying/moving ?

Let me know how you get on !

Mike

pc111 10:30 19 Jan 06

Hi, went to that link you gave and it resolved the problem, thanks. I just hadn't assigned my printer through the netcenter workgroup but now i have its fine. Although my printer wasn't listed on their site i don't think it matters, mine installed ok,hope yours is sorted out as easily as mine!

pc111 10:33 19 Jan 06

Haven't swapped files and folders yet as wanted to resolve printing issue first, will let you know if i have the same issues as yourself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now