printing on a T-Shirt

di 18:55 14 Jan 04

sorry if this is not very technical, but I don't know who else to ask, I have a great new printer and I want to print on a T-Shirt, I have the right paper, a sample was free with the new printer, can I use the ordinary ink in the printer or do I have to load special ink,

thanks guys

di

Diodorus Siculus 19:06 14 Jan 04

The regular ink should be ok; it may not last very long though. All depends on how often you wash the t-shirt!

Djohn 22:21 14 Jan 04

di. You can buy a "Colour fixer" to wash the T-shirt in the first time. Forgot the name of it now but any good milliner or haberdashery shop should be able to help.

I did one when I first bought my system and the T-shirt lasted for about a year, worn/washed once a week. j.

hugh-265156 01:51 15 Jan 04

ordaniry ink is fine click here= is a good supplier.not sure about the colour fixer washes.

hugh-265156 01:59 15 Jan 04

sorry above link didnt work.try click here

DIYgirl 10:11 15 Jan 04

It's the special paper that you need, rather than special ink. It makes an iron-on transfer, which you then stick onto your T shirt. The colours will be fine, but I find that the transfer medium is a little thick and stiff, and begins to break up and peel off after a while. There are lots of different transfer papers available--worth trying a few, I would think, if you want something particularly good.

di 18:39 15 Jan 04

you have all come up trumps again, I really appreciate your responses to my question,

di

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017