printing problems with my lexmark z640

normajay 16:20 10 Aug 08

hi all,i have developed a problem when trying to print, my colour ink does not work tried all the solutions,i have even put the colour ink into the black ink compartment and printed a test page
this worked,so i know its not my cartridge it just seems to be the colour compartment not sure what i can do about this.

jack 17:15 10 Aug 08

and printed a test page.

That is interesting- what did you get?

Meanwhile take a look at the connector tracks in the colour chamber and ensure they are Clean- an alcohol wipe and flexible to ensure contact with the cartridge.

If no joy

Remove connections then have a go at removing the case- check the ribbon connector to colour cartridge chamber. May have worked work loose.

Still no luck?
Throw it away and buy another printer -preferably not Lexmark

normajay 17:24 10 Aug 08

first of all i fixed and aligned horizontal streaks in black compartment they all came out in colour so i know my cartridge works but when i printed test page would only print the darker shades but no colour.looks like i might have to buy another printer because i have done all of the above.

Pineman100 18:40 10 Aug 08

I know this is a very obvious question, but have you run the printer through its own nozzle cleaning routine? You should find this listed in the toolkit software.

normajay 19:19 10 Aug 08

yes ive done everything i can think of its as if the contacts on the colour compartment are damaged because ive tried a few other cartridges that are for this model but no luck i originally had an hp all in one but the ink was very expensive,so i bought this one might try an epson next .

jack 10:45 11 Aug 08

And a continuous ink supply- that's the way to go
I have as many other on this forum
This is one of many vendors
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…