//some 3rd party need geo

Printing Problems With My Epson

gcs_uk 20:59 22 Jul 03

I have an Epson Stylus C40 Plus printer, which is no longer printing at a particulary high quality.

All my prints are smudged or faint and some have a black band running from the top to the bottom of the page on the left hand side.

I have purchased a new ink cartridge (Epson original) though previously I did use a generic cartridge that I bought from PC World.

This was the first time I had bought a non Epson cartridge and only did it b/c the printer was out of warranty.

I have installed the Windows XP driver that I obtained from their site and have also gone thru all the self tests and self cleaning modes. All to no avail.

Could the generic ink cartridge I used previously have damaged my printer ?

Any information would be appreciated.

TIA

woodchip 21:34 22 Jul 03

I would strongly advise that you get some cleaning carts and run them, as ink from different manufacturers mixes and will clog the ink jets. you could try giving it a good clean with the cleaning tool in Utilities in the printer properties.

VoG II 21:37 22 Jul 03

Agree with woodchip click here

Djohn 21:47 22 Jul 03

I agree with Vog and woodchip. Also the band down the left of the page is most likely due to ink being on the end roller of the paper-feed mechanism. Use a cotton-bud, dipped in warm water to clean the roller. j.

microswift 21:50 22 Jul 03

I have recently started using compatable cartridges in my Epson printer with no problems until yesterday, red was being printed as lime green or yellow (producing some nice Andy Warhol type images) the solution was as woodchip suggests using the cleaning tool in utilities, though I had to run it five or six times to fix the problem. I dont think your printer will be permanently damaged, but if it is and you got your generic cartridges from Choice Stationary, they will fix or replace your printer.

gcs_uk 00:12 23 Jul 03

Thanks for the assistance I will try the tips you have suggested and will let you know what happens.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…