Printing Problems

troydi 12:24 15 May 03

I have a Xerox Docuprint m760, and recently noticed that the colour wasn't printing properly, so I changed the cartridge. The problem is that it still does the same thing. Colour obviously wants to get through, but isn't printing quite the way it should, eg greeny type picture with lines. Unless I print in on 'BEST' I don't get a decent picture. Anyone got any ideas? Think perhaps it's the printhead?

keith-236785 12:58 15 May 03

I don't know about this printer but a lot of printers have a facility for cleaning the print head, it is normally built into the software that came with the printer (not the driver) , on my hewlett Pakard it is in "start/all programs/Hewlett Packard/hp deskjet 930c/toolbox". on selecting this a window appears where you can select the task , either check the ink levels, alter the configuration & Device Services, which is the one containing "clean the print head". obviously you wont have the same headings but maybe something similar. if not try the website and see if you can download the support software.
hope this helps, good luck

troydi 13:02 15 May 03

Thank you paperman. I will try cleaning the printhead and see how that works!

King Diamond 13:05 15 May 03

Yip...I would definately think it's the printheads.

Usually the process of elimination will leave you with the right answer, on this occassion you have eliminated the ink.

Are your print heads alinged properly? Although I don't think that will have much to do with it on this occasion.

One more thing that could be checked. When you put your catridge in, the ink needs to pass through some kind of tubing to get to the print heads. Maybe the pipes that the ink passes through are clogged up.

Do you use brand named ink or refills?

Bare in mind that their are different types of density with ink. Some water based and others oil based. If these are matched wrongly, it can cause blockages and other unwanted effects.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…