Printing Problems

Bed_Soiler 20:07 11 Jan 05

I recently bought an HP iMedia PC with a 'Columbia Challenger' motherboard and a combo printer, scanner, fax, also HP (psc 2179). This combination of devices appears to be disastrous. While the printer will work as a stand-alone unit and the PC works fine, as soon as they have to talk to each other it's hangs, spontaneous reboots, yo name it. I have applied the newest drivers, the USB patch, etc. Any ideas?

Change Your Sheets More Often

€dstowe 06:36 20 Jan 05

Ensure that you have installed the software correctly. Printers are extremely faddy about the way their software is installed and any variation from being correct can result in a printer failing to work properly.

Try removing all trace of the printer software from your computer and re-installing EXACTLY according to the instructions given with the device.

swapper 07:36 20 Jan 05

Bed_Soiler, I am sorry that I do not know the answer to your question, but I just....LOVE... your username, thanks for the laugh! good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…