Printing problem on an XP/98 home network

RickB 08:46 06 Jan 03
  RickB 08:46 06 Jan 03

Inspired by recent articles, I have networked my two PC's one of which runs XP, the other 98SE. All is fine, the two machines talk to each other happily, file transfers are fine etc.

Next step was to make my HP LaserJet 1220 (which currently runs off the XP machine) usable from the other one. So I set up sharing and installed it as a network printer etc. Only to get an error when printing a test page from the 98 machine that there was not enough memory and the task could not be completed. (Suffice to say there is plenty of memory!!)

Any ideas what might be set up wrong??

Rick

AndySD 09:44 06 Jan 03

Check the Internet connection firewall is off on the xp pc and check the drivers on the 98 pc.

RickB 10:36 06 Jan 03

'Fraid it makes no difference. Firewall is disabled. Drivers should be ok as they were installed directly from the HP system disk.

Rick

AndySD 11:24 06 Jan 03

Remove the printer on the 98 pc and try adding it again but dont use the disk let windows load the driver from the xp pc.

Newuser637 12:02 06 Jan 03

I run two printers with a change over switch and have been doing so for about 11 months.

Revently I have been plagued by "print spooler ets" and notify microsoft, I have lost count of the automatic messages have been sent. The first time this happened it was overcomen simply by "system restore" however this time I have tried numerous dates without any success.

Any thoughts welcome.

Edwin Carter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…