Printing Problem with XP SP2

Bickham 15:59 27 Apr 06

I have a Canon Smartbase MP370 which functions perfectly with XP professional SP1. I wish to use the improved security which SP2 provides but when I update my system the printer does not work. My pc recognises the printer but it only prints out a half page and then expires. I have contacted Microsoft and they blame Canon. I have contacted Canon and they blame Microsoft. Has anyone any suggestions

Totally-braindead 16:34 27 Apr 06

I had a look on the Canon website, I was going to suggest updating the drivers but the only drivers there are version 1.0 which suggests to me that they have never updated them and as such unless someone can suggest a work around of some descrption you may be stuck.

Personally I would blame Canon rather than Microsoft as many if not all manufacturers had to create updated drivers for some products because of a conflict with SP2 and in your case I presume Canon didn't. There is no way Canon will do anything about this now your only hope I'm afraid is if someone on the Forum has seen something similar and managed to get a workable solution.

skidzy 17:00 27 Apr 06

Ive done a little research into your problem Bickam and it seems a common problem.

Ive come across a patch for the Canon mpc 190,now if this works with your 370 im not sure.
click here

skidzy 17:03 27 Apr 06

Now the click here seems to stop the link on my pc,here is the web page and if you scroll down to the bottom of the page its the 10th post.
click here
There is also another fix on the page...again not to sure if it will work with your 370

Bickham 14:28 28 Apr 06

Well ! many thanks first of all for your response.

I have installed the SP2 update and by some miracle the printer is now working. Maybe there was a fix in the myriad of update fixes that were loaded or perhaps it was the threat of your suggested solution. I have not clicked the resolve box though until I have used the printer more extensively.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…