Printing problem with Epson printer.

heavymetalkid 18:59 04 May 05

I have an Epson C62 printer and, I must confess have always used non-Epson ink which always gives me good results.However,time and time again as the amount of ink begins to run down, I start to get colour problems.
Very often I get an all over purple print,today it was all blue. When I do a print nozzle check invariably there is a colour missing from the print out.
Repeated head cleaning sometimes improves,but usually won't cure the problem. Installing a new colour cartridge always cures it.This though means throwing out a refill that still contains plenty of ink.Is it because I'm not using Epson refills-can anyone help?

Pidder 19:02 04 May 05

Care to say whose inks you use?

eedcam 19:13 04 May 05

I had this problem with my last 2 Epson printers the last one was the 830.Unless I used it virtually every day or at least powered it up everyday I used more ink cleaning the heads than for photos even with full cartridges.It was always epson ink that was being used

woodchip 19:19 04 May 05

You should get some Cleaning carts and run these occasionally

heavymetalkid 19:42 04 May 05

Greetings Pidder,Eedcam and Woodchip....blimey what a quick response! Answers;Pidder-"Inkrite",but I've used others-same problem.
Eedcam,yes I've noticed if I leave it idle then it happens. Could the ink coagulate because of infrequent use?
Woodchip; I've never heard of cleaning carts. please tell me more.
Andy.

woodchip 19:49 04 May 05

Cleaning carts click here to clean the print system. on the right for c62

heavymetalkid 20:09 04 May 05

Woodchip; Thanks Pal. Before I buy on line I'll see if my local computer superstore(cheap, 10 ink refills..5 black 5 colour)has them in stock.
Andy

heavymetalkid 20:11 04 May 05

Forgot to add..5 black 5 colour £19.00.

Border Collie 21:47 04 May 05

Or click here maybe.

Border Collie 21:47 04 May 05

Or click here maybe.

bionicle 22:46 04 May 05

I also have similar problems with the colour ink cartridge from Choice Stationary on my Epson C60 printer. (I put up with it as Choice Stationary are good and the ink is significantly cheaper than Epson). Sometimes headcleaning works, but not always. Any more info on what cleaning carts actually do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac