//some 3rd party need geo

PRINTING PROBLEM ASSOCIATED WITH ANTI-VIRUS

harriss 12:44 08 May 06

My computer runs WindowsXp Professional. Have recently taken up Pipex broadband service and as part of the package have download ZoneAlarm Anti-virus.
Everything was ok initially but have now developed a printing problem in that I can not print anything unless I shut down the anti-virus programme which rather negates having the anti-virus installed.
I have tried various things such as System Restore; re-installing the printer and searched for possible problems on the ZoneAlarm help page but not being highly technical as far as computers are concerned it may be that I am looking in the wrong place/s for a solution.
Does anyone have a simple solution for my problem.
Rgds

moore_mat 13:59 08 May 06

Hi harriss

It looks like Zone Alarm is stopping the process that controls what should be printed. This is called SPOOLSV and you should look for this in the list of programs (not) allowed to run (trusted zone?). When you find this; select the options to allow this program to run un-hindered.

I'm afraid I don't have zone alarm; so can't tell you exactly where to find it!

Best of luck

M@

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…