Printing Problem AA MileMaster

Border View 16:16 03 Apr 03

I have a copy of the AA MileMaster, compliments of PC Advisor some time ago. I run Windows 98SE and have a Lexmark Z31 printer.

I have had no problems with this program until today when I fed in details of a route, asked it to calculate and then print out the journey. Problem is when it prints out each line overlaps the line above by about half so the print is all squashed up and unreadable.

Can anyone please advise how I might resolve this problem.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

€dstow 18:59 03 Apr 03

Is your printer OK with printing other things?

Have you changed to a different brand of paper recently?

Reason I ask is that it appears to be the paper feed rollers either not feeding enough or are slipping.

Wak 19:41 03 Apr 03

Hi Barmoor, I have the AA Milemaster but it's at a friend's house at the moment so I could be wrong in what I'm about to say.
However, I have a feeling that this program uses your browser to operate and if it does, then the size of the printing is controlled by the browser.
Go to VIEW and alter the size of the Text to larger and try printing the AA route again.
You will also find that if you alter the size of the text in the browser to smallest, then your HELP files will be fuzzy and almost illegible.
If this prog does not use the browser, then please ignore the above.

Border View 22:16 03 Apr 03

Many thanks for your reply - sorry it took so long to come back to you. Other things print OK Am using Tesco paper which has worked perfectly for 250 pages (half a reem). This is the only one which is causing problems.

Can you offer any other suggestions please?

Border View 22:19 03 Apr 03

Sorry but under View no reference to size of text. would be grateful for other suggestions.

Thank you for responding.

Wak 10:01 04 Apr 03

If there's no reference to text size under VIEW then it probably doesn't use your browser.
I'll get my copy of AA Milemaster back a.s.a.p. and have a look at it for you.
Will reply again later.

Wak 15:48 04 Apr 03

Had a look at the prog and nowhere is there anything which will alter the text style or size.
All I can suggest at the moment is to go to FILE and copy the text of the route to the Clipboard, then paste it into Wordpad. If it stll prints out as previously described then I can only assume that it is a printer problem rather then an AA Milemaster problem.
Incidentally, by pasting in to Wordpad, you can now alter the size and font as required and also put a space between lines to allow it to be read OK.
Have you tried the AA program in another computer???

Border View 16:27 28 Apr 03

Sorry its taken me so long to come back to this posting. I've been on holiday.

Your idea about copying to the Clipboard and then pasting into Wordpad worked perfectly and you are correct you can get it to print out in a larger font size.

Will use this method from now on.

Many thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.
Will mark this one up as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…