Printing Problem

Thomo1 15:05 09 Mar 07

I have a bit of an odd problem with printing on my PC at work. I have a large word file that is about 2000 pages long. The nature of the document requires that i need to print pages from various parts of the document.

Here is the odd thing, when I do File > Print and specify the pages i want printing, e.g. 715-720, the print job goes into the queue and then vanishes like its printed, but in actual fact it hasn't.
I can print the current page or the whole document but not groups of pages. Something that is even stranger is the fact that it does work if you print only the first few pages of the document, 1-3 only for eg. It doesn't happen on any other document.
It is quite important that I be able to print like this otherwise I will have to print the current page only in order to save printing 2000 pages every time. It has quite confused me as to why it is happening.

Any ideas?, Thanks in advance

Technotiger 15:13 09 Mar 07

Hi, a shot in the dark perhaps, but having done this myself on much smaller documents, it might just work for you -

to print just part of a doc, highlight the part you want to print (even if it is a page or two) and then press the Print icon.

Thomo1 15:32 09 Mar 07

that doesnt work in this document.

I think the document is at fault somewhere as i can do it fine off other documents, granted they are not as big as this 1.

Would i be right in thinking that it may have soething to do with the print spooling??

Or shall i find another tree to bark up??

Technotiger 16:42 09 Mar 07

Spooling? you could be right, but I am only guessing and can't off-hand think of a fix. Sorry :-(

Technotiger 17:03 09 Mar 07

Hmmm, try this then ...

Click the Print button on the Toolbar

in the print dialogue box type in the page numbers that you want to print, say 356-358, exactly as shown

then click the print button in the Print Dialogue Box.

pj123 17:23 09 Mar 07

In the print dialogue try listing them with a comma. eg. 715,716,717,718,719,720

and then print.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…