Printing problem

Rebanut 12:19 19 Feb 04

Could someone help me please, I am trying to print a web page and I am not getting all words which are on screen, it misses words out on the right hand side, how do I rectify this please.
many thanks
Colin

Luca M 12:24 19 Feb 04

this is because the webpage is bigger than the paper. It sometimes happens to me. Try printing the page in landscape. It uses more paper but its the only way to get all the words and pictures at the edge.

Bren.ie 13:29 19 Feb 04

Try FILE, PRINT, select SETUP tab, tick "Scale to FIT" and click OK.

When in SETUP chack that you have the right Paper Size selected e.g. A4

Rebanut 15:36 19 Feb 04

thanks for your help but dont seem to
have a setup tab so I cant tick scale to fit.
thanks anyway I will have to try landscape.

cycoze 17:18 19 Feb 04

Using IE , click on file then print , this should bring up a new window (print), at the top of this box you should see the name of your printer/s , to the right of this should be a button named properties , click on that.

Once you have your printer properties box up , look to see what tab`s and or options you have , for instance most Epson printers will have a layout tab , from there you can select `fit to page`.

Djohn 17:21 19 Feb 04

Try as Bren.ie suggest. Make sure your not going File/Page setup. But File/Print/Preferences this will take you into the properties of your printer. Then select Page setup from there. In the window that says A4 there should be a drop-down menu and you will find scale to fit there.

Djohn 17:22 19 Feb 04

Sorry cycoze, posted without refreshing! :o(

Diemmess 17:52 19 Feb 04

If you are really stuck - For a clumsy but effective way to print the web stuff- Highlight, Edit> Copy, and Paste into Word. You can even be eco-friendly and save a lot of paper by editing out what you don't want.

My epson printers Cheapo Laser, and a Photo printer will scale, but the instructions have to come from heavyweight software. Like you found they are not scalable through paper selection.

A final note, I'm sometimes frustrated when printing a PDF multi page file. It is all or nothing, except when the author has NOT protected it..... which they always do!

Bebee 18:03 19 Feb 04

On the Canon site there is a free download called 'Easy-Web Print' which adds a toolbar to IE. It scales pages and makes them printer frindly. As far as I can tell it will work whichever printer you use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…