printing problem

ger-284341 19:19 01 Aug 03

Hi Everyone,

I print only very rarely but i need to print some html documents (ryanair rceipt for tickets) and when i try to print or even print preview it sends up a message:

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down

on clicking ok it shuts the program down. it is doing this in all the office suite programs even outlook.

i have tried print manager and it does print a test page. any one able to offer a liitle help please

PA28 19:38 01 Aug 03

Which program is shown in your error message? If you are having trouble printing in all applications (and it matters not whether these are HTML) then my first thought would be your print driver. Control Panel>Printers> select printer>remove. Reboot and let your printer be redetected. Post back and let us know how you get on.

I take it that if you are running in XP or similar, that you have got updated XP print drivers? If you have upgraded from 98, then it is (very!) unlikely that your old drivers will work - but you may find that XP's own native drivers may get you out of a hole until you can get new ones from your printer makers website.

seedie 19:38 01 Aug 03

Check to make sure your printer drivers are compatible with your OS.

Have you considered that details of your operating system and printer would be of some use ?

ger-284341 19:36 03 Aug 03

many thanks to pa28 and seedie for your reply......sorry for the delay in getting back to you both

the re installation of the driver for the printer sorted the problem

now i can collect my ryan air tickets...if i remem my pic id

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…