Printing pictures from the web

wotan 20:12 16 Sep 03

I am attempting to compile something along the lines of a travel brochure,incorporating print and pictures from web sites.My problem is that when I download the pictures, instead of the picture I get a box with a small red cross in one corner, and even clicking on the cross does not produce the picture. I have done this before using Win 98SE and simply used the cut,copy, paste tool, but this does not seem to work in XP.
I am using a 1.8 ghz processor with 512mb memory. and the operating system is XP Home. I am trying to construct the brochure as a MS Word document which can be altered or replicated on other computers, as a teaching aid. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome.

Kitz E Kat 20:22 16 Sep 03

I right click on mouse and then select 'save picture as'.....

Works fine on XP....

Hope this helps

Yours
Kitz E Kat

Kitz E Kat 20:23 16 Sep 03

Eh, should say , right click mouse over selected picture!!!!!

wotan 20:27 16 Sep 03

ThanksKitz E Kat, but I still get the box with the cross in it, a friend has suggested it may be something to do with my anti-virus program (Norton A.V.2003) or the size of my Temp. Internet Files, but he cannot tell me how to chec
k this, or change it.

Wotan.

Irishman 20:35 16 Sep 03

Try installing Virtual Machine from click here

Kitz E Kat 20:40 16 Sep 03

I have NAV and have no problem, you can clean up temp. internet files ....

Start>All Programs> Accessories>System Tools>Disk Clean up, run that....

Hope this helps, can you download any pics or is it just some...

wotan 21:10 16 Sep 03

I am unable to download any pictures, I had no problem doing this with my old system, and wonder if this is peculiar to XP as I have no problem with using clip-art files or photographs saved in 'my documents'. It is only when I try to use pictures off the net.

wotan 21:46 16 Sep 03

I will close this string for now and try the tips I have received, hopefully they will solve the problem otherwise I'll be back.
Thanks again to those who took the time and trouble to offer advice,it was allgreatfully received. Keep up the good work .
Regards,
Wotan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…