Printing photos the right size

ponytail 16:55 24 Mar 13

My wife has some photos on her laptop and one in particular she would like some prints but when I print I keep getting a A4 size print when all I want is a postcard size,The printer is a Brother DCP-J315W printer.How do I set it to make the print smaller

rdave13 17:08 24 Mar 13

I use Windows Photo Viewer to open photos and select Print. I then get a window up with different size options.

wiz-king 17:08 24 Mar 13

Transfer them to your PC. Open in Irfranview > print > adjust size > print

wiz-king 17:10 24 Mar 13

Or adjust paper size to postcard, if you have that size if paper.

ponytail 17:17 24 Mar 13

Thanks for the speedy replies two questions Where do I find windows photo viewer in XP

I have A4 labels in my printer so is it possible to print postcard size onto the A4 sheet and then cut them to size

Ian in Northampton 17:21 24 Mar 13

Ponytail: from memory, XP doesn't include Photo Viewer - I think it's a W7 thing. As wiz-king has suggested: download and use IrfanView. I've used it for years and, for free software, it's remarkably powerful and easy to use - and has some excellent functionality, especially if you install the plug-ins (e.g. 'save for web'.)

Ian in Northampton 17:22 24 Mar 13

The answer to your second question is 'yes'.

ponytail 17:30 24 Mar 13

Thanks ian in northampton with ref to my 2nd question I do I set the printer to print that size as A4 is the default size and cannot seem able to change it

rdave13 17:36 24 Mar 13
  ponytail 17:37 24 Mar 13

I have irfanView and irfanView thumbnails on my PC are they the same and if I put irfanView on my wifes laptop what is the procedure for printing and for the right size

ponytail 17:40 24 Mar 13

Thanks rdave13 how do I get into Windows Picture & Fax Viewer

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Honor 5X review: Hands-on with the new budget phone from Hauwei's young brand

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…