Printing photos the right size

ponytail 16:55 PM 24 Mar 13

My wife has some photos on her laptop and one in particular she would like some prints but when I print I keep getting a A4 size print when all I want is a postcard size,The printer is a Brother DCP-J315W printer.How do I set it to make the print smaller

rdave13 17:08 PM 24 Mar 13

I use Windows Photo Viewer to open photos and select Print. I then get a window up with different size options.

wiz-king 17:08 PM 24 Mar 13

Transfer them to your PC. Open in Irfranview > print > adjust size > print

wiz-king 17:10 PM 24 Mar 13

Or adjust paper size to postcard, if you have that size if paper.

ponytail 17:17 PM 24 Mar 13

Thanks for the speedy replies two questions Where do I find windows photo viewer in XP

I have A4 labels in my printer so is it possible to print postcard size onto the A4 sheet and then cut them to size

Ian in Northampton 17:21 PM 24 Mar 13

Ponytail: from memory, XP doesn't include Photo Viewer - I think it's a W7 thing. As wiz-king has suggested: download and use IrfanView. I've used it for years and, for free software, it's remarkably powerful and easy to use - and has some excellent functionality, especially if you install the plug-ins (e.g. 'save for web'.)

Ian in Northampton 17:22 PM 24 Mar 13

The answer to your second question is 'yes'.

ponytail 17:30 PM 24 Mar 13

Thanks ian in northampton with ref to my 2nd question I do I set the printer to print that size as A4 is the default size and cannot seem able to change it

rdave13 17:36 PM 24 Mar 13
  ponytail 17:37 PM 24 Mar 13

I have irfanView and irfanView thumbnails on my PC are they the same and if I put irfanView on my wifes laptop what is the procedure for printing and for the right size

ponytail 17:40 PM 24 Mar 13

Thanks rdave13 how do I get into Windows Picture & Fax Viewer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off