Printing Photos

superhoops 15:28 22 Feb 09

Hi all

Has anyone managed to successfully print a photo using a all in one that purports to be amongst other things, a photo printer?
About 2 years ago I bout a Lexmark all in one (printer, fax machine, scanner and copier. It also advertised on the box its photo printing capabilities. Every time I have tried I get a paper jam. I have tried one sheet on its own, 2 sheets, a piece of cardboard underneath, I have tried it all.
I recently had to buy a 2nd all in one for my home office.(A Brother) I thought I would try to print a photo. Exactly the same paper jam.
Is there a secret I don't know? I only want to do very far and few between photo prints as I leave 99.9% of my pics in Picasa and have no wish to print them. Thanks

PO79 15:41 22 Feb 09

Had a Lexmark all in one, currently a Canon, never had a problem printing photos. I usually just put the photo paper on top of the plain paper in the cassette.

Chas49 16:05 22 Feb 09

I wonder if it's the type of paper your using ? It's very strange having the same problem with two different printers. I assume that the same thickness of paper was being used on both - if so, then, as this is common to both problematic machines perhaps it could be that.

BT 16:34 22 Feb 09

Similar problem with my Epson D92
Seems to jam if I put photo paper on its own but OK if I put it on top of a small stack of plain paper as PO79 says.

superhoops 18:38 22 Feb 09

With my original printer I used whatever they had at Tesco, but the new Brother printer came with a small supply of Brother photo paper and that is what is also jamming.

woodchip 18:48 22 Feb 09

I use a Epson RX 620 and a RX 520 both work OKAY. The RX 520 was a free one I had given both are multifunction printers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5