PRINTING PHOTOS

SINDASOX 13:26 28 Dec 05

I have been printing out a few photos lately at home with my Epson 880 printer, my query is can you get a photo software package that will print out the exact size print that you choose, 6 x 4, 7 x 5 etc, etc because when i have tried to get say a exact 7 x5 to fit into a frame, it can print out too big or small, even if i pick my own size the length seems to governed by the width, (aspect ratio) and it seems to be worse if i have cropped a photo, anyone got any advice on this.

Cheers

Sharpamatt 13:29 28 Dec 05

if your useing XP try the Photo and fax wizard

you can choose a range of sizes to suit standard choices

Diemmess 14:11 28 Dec 05

From Irfanview [free download] to Photoshop for £200 plus. (There is a lot of good software in between).
With a good printer choose say Irfanview and find a whole new way of spending your time! ;o)

^wave^ 14:12 28 Dec 05

download picasa2 from google great prog

Abey Baby 14:41 28 Dec 05

I like Print Pilot. click here
You used to be able to download a trial.

woodchip 14:55 28 Dec 05

I use a very old free Program bought out by corel. Micografx Picture Publisher 8 You can size and fit on paper under Page Setup after choosing Print.

click here

Trial click here

CHAIRLEG 15:02 28 Dec 05

click here for picaso

CHAIRLEG 15:03 28 Dec 05

Should be Picasa.

woodchip 15:04 28 Dec 05

I use a very old free Program bought out by corel. Micografx Picture Publisher 8 You can size and fit on paper under Page Setup after choosing Print.

click here

Trial click here

click here

SINDASOX 16:24 28 Dec 05

Sharpamat, I've printed some out using XP and the size is a lot better, but the print quality isnt as good as when i'm printing out prints using the Camedia software that came with my Olympus camera.

Diemmess 16:34 28 Dec 05

Just checked my own Camedia.

You can choose the size of the finished print but not the position on on the paper.
Although you can put paper of the correct size into the thing there is no fancy editing possible.

You could try woodchip's excellent Micrografx, that was how I started, or use Irfanview a free download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…