printing photos

twick 19:54 30 Nov 05

Widows XP, Cannon Pixma 3000, Nikon camera Coolpix 4600.
I used to be able to print 6x4 without any problems. Now there is an excesseve amount of white border on the long side, changing to 'edge to edge' still leaves about 5mm at each end.
The information on each picture in My Pictures is 'Dimensions 2288 x 1712.' What does this tell me?.
Printing direct from camera using Picbridge automatically gives normal edge to edge prints.
Any help to restore mormal prints?.

wotbus@ 20:39 30 Nov 05

I think the dimensions shown are "pixels" (3917056 or 4Mp as near as dammit).
You say "used to be able" so something has changed. Look at the output properties of the program you are using to print and/or printer properties. Also, what is the size of the printed portion? What I mean is, printing edge to edge on 6x4 will give only a 6x4 print. May sound obvious, but if for example a piece of photo paper slightly larger than 6x4 is used it will not print edge to edge - only 6x4.

drzee 20:45 30 Nov 05

use free program from google [picasa.com ]a first class program , easy to use , and better than some expensive programs.

twick 13:44 01 Dec 05

Problem solved!
I have been selecting "fax print" instead of "photo".
Lesson:- Pay attention to what you are doing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…