printing photograps

Submariner1967 14:18 21 Jul 09

Hi,
My wife is a teacher and uses the printer to print out photographs for her class. Yesterday we took some at school for a staff party, but when it came to printing them the colours were awful almost sepia like. I use a Canon Eos 350D digital camera
and when previewing them on the computer they were excellent. Can you please advise me, I have been told that it could be the calibration between moniter and printer that needs adjusting but I have no idea of how to go about it if indeed that is the problem and am worried about the cost if I have to take it all to a computer shop.
Any help or advice that you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Graham Bourne.

Taff™ 14:22 21 Jul 09

Start off by running the maintenance procedures on the printer - what make and model is the printer by the way? Usual things, check the ink levels, clean the nozzles and the print head (If that`s an option) and run any alignment and pattern checks to see what the resultant images should look like.

I doubt if a calibration problem is causing this. More likely that one of the ink jets is clogged or has become contaminated by excess colour on the print head itself.

eedcam 18:55 21 Jul 09

As said but it is quite common for the printer to print different to the on screen iomage though usually acceptable .Make sure you have akll the settings correct in the printer ie type of paper and whatever settings it has for photographs .All printers though they will print Photos are not equal. Again as asked the model will help

john bunyan 19:01 21 Jul 09

Can we assume you are using photographic paper, and setting the printer to high quality? I use Staples Photo Plus pearl.

Bris 19:25 21 Jul 09

Try printing a photo that you have printed before and that came out OK and if it now doesnt then as already suggested its either a dirty printhead or one of the ink tanks has run dry. Try a new cartridge and if its still the same then its the head.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017