Printing photographs on 6 X 4 paper

Llyffant 14:48 28 Jul 04

I've just started exploring the possibilites of printing photographs to specific sized photo paper - currently 6x4. Unfortunately, I'm not getting an evenly sized whited border all the way round. I'm clearly missing something in my setting but am not identifying what it is.
I use a Epson Stylus C82 printer.
Any suggestions (other than nipping down to the nearest photo shop) would be much appreciated.
Many thanks

Indigo 1 15:23 28 Jul 04

I am not sure about the C82 printers but with my Epson Photo 870 you need to make sure that you select the same Printable Area in Printing Preferences.

Carafaraday 16:54 28 Jul 04

Not sure if your paper is the same, but my HP 6 x 4 paper is actually slightly bigger and includes something they call a handling tab or some such - the idea is you chop it off at the end. Pretty daft, but it seems to work as long as you have a good pair of scissors.

Stuartli 17:15 28 Jul 04

If you print a lot out then a good phograph trimmer isn't that expensive.

Stuartli 17:16 28 Jul 04

Why not print borderless 6x4s?

Pidder 18:55 28 Jul 04

My Epson 680 doesn't have edge to edge printing capability as the HP photosmart 7260 does. Epson sell a special 6 x 4 paper with tear-off edges. What paper are you using?

Also have you tried the "user defined" paper size setting?

Llyffant 20:23 18 Oct 04

A belated thank you for all the help - I haven't found an entirely reliable solution yet but am still working on it. Many thanks for all your time and suggestions - very much appreciated.

stlucia 12:36 19 Oct 04

If your white border is not the same width top and bottom as it is left and right, it's probably because your original photo is not the correct shape. With my son-in-law's Sony camera he can set the size in the camera so that the photos as-taken have sides in the ratio of 6:4; but with my Minolta I can only take photos with a ratio of about 4:3.

So, before printing mine on 6x4 (150x100) paper, I have to crop something off top and/or bottom of the picture until I get the correct 6:4 ratio (e.g. I make it 2700x1800 pixels, or any other measurements in the same ratio), and then click on 'fit to paper'. Most photo printing software has a utility which allows you to do this.

Stuartli 09:28 20 Oct 04

You could also use Windows XP's Picture and Fax Viewer (right click on a photo(s) file(s) and open the Viewer via Open With..

You can then print several 6x4 prints on one sheet by selecting, say, A4 photo paper and using the viewer to select the shots you want printed. After choosing the print quality and paper type for your printer, they will be sent to the printer.

It's usually cheaper (and quicker) to print several 6x4s on one sheet and trim them afterwards than individual 6x4 paper for each file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…